Pages on this Blog

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Resurrection



Resurrection
©Ruth Cox

Love

takes a nose-dive amid the chill of a setting sun

Writing

ink red drips its pain from the sharp point of a pen

Renewal

murmurs faintly from a broken-hearted warning

Dove


Love

placed back in the forefront unites all things into one

Writing

flows freely from the wellspring enlightening ken

Renewal

arises in the heart-warming woo of the mourning

Dove

----------

Write about what RENEWAL has to do with LOVE and WRITING.
(WWAUW writing prompt response; prompt courtesy of Ruthi)

2 comments:

  1. I like this. Causes me to use my imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! I wanted the reader to come to their own visions in this one, so thank you, Karen, for letting me know I achieved my goal!

    I will tell you that the muse for the writing was that as I looked out my office window, I saw a lone mourning dove on the phone wire. Usually I am greeted by a pair. Mourning doves mate for life...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments!
Blessings & a bit o' sunshine!